Friday, September 23, 2011

i'm where i belong

I just received some very exciting news this afternoon! I interviewed last week for one of three Orientation Assistant positions for New Student Programs here at Tech. The position is essentially the second year extension of Orientation Leader, except you do more behind-the-scenes work and don't have groups of freshmen. Instead, I will be mentoring the Orientation Leaders and helping them with training.

The other Orientation Assistants (two other girls and three guys) are literally a dream team. I could not have picked a more perfect team for these positions. It really is true that all things happen for a reason. I wrote on the first day of orientation this past summer in my journal:

I am so happy to be where I am. This is so much bigger than I can imagine. It's going to push me. I'm going to be a better person because of this summer.


Every word of that is true. I grew so much from my experience, and I feel like I learned more about myself than I thought would be possible. I am so excited to be able to work with the new Orientation Leaders of 2012 to help them have the same wonderful experience I did.

Last night, I taught myself how to use iMovie on my new Macbook Pro, and I made a video of my Orientation experience. What perfect timing...





No comments:

Post a Comment